Ronald L. Kaiser, 87
Ronald “Ron” LeRoy Kaiser was born 18 May 1930 in DeKalb, IL, and passed away 30 December 2017 in Normal, IL. He was the son of Glenn and Mildred (Lawrence) Kaiser, the younger brother of Mildred, Mary, and Glendora, and the loving husband of Arlene.
Ron grew up in DeKalb at the family’s home at 736 Garden Street. He attended DeKalb Township High School, graduating in 1948.
Ron joined the U.S. Navy in November 1948 at Great Lakes Naval Station. In February 1949 he was transferred to Charleston, South Carolina on the USS Hambleton. He also served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean Conflict from 1952-1954.
Ron married Arlene Loraas on 3 February 1953 in Green Cove Springs, Florida. They moved to Bloomington, IL shortly after their marriage. They had eight children together.
Ron joined the police force for the City of Bloomington in February 1961. He was a police officer there for 20 years, retiring in 1981. He also worked as a Guard for Loomis for 34 years from 1962-1996. Ron was a member of the Bloomington American Legion and the Wesley United Methodist Church in Bloomington, IL.
Ron is survived by two daughters and two sons, six grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren. He is preceded in death by his father Glenn Kaiser in February 1948, his mother Mildred (Lawrence) Kaiser in January 1967; his wife Arlene (Loraas) Kaiser in December 2010; four sons, Martin in 1955, Ronald in 1956, David in 1980, and Richard Kaiser in 1982; three sisters, Glendora (Kaiser) Carlson in 1999, Mary (Kaiser) Johnson in 2001, and Mildred (Kaiser) Drake in 2015; and one infant brother, Vernon Kaiser in 1923.
His memorial service was 9 January 2018 at Beck Memorial Home, Bloomington, IL, with military rites accorded by the Bloomington-Normal American Legion Honor Guard. He will be buried at Fairview Park Cemetery in DeKalb. His graveside memorial service was in April 2018 with full military honors.
Ron was a loving husband, father, grandfather, and great- grandfather. He will be missed by all who knew him.
- “Ronald L. Kaiser, 87.” The Pantagraph, Bloomington, IL. Obituary. 2 Jan 2018. http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/obituaries/ronald-kaiser/article_68fb2015-1c44-526f-ae1a-1ca32543852d.html
- “Ronald L. Kaiser.” The Daily Chronicle, DeKalb, IL. Obituary. 2 Jan 2018. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/daily-chronicle/obituary.aspx?pid=187697581
- “Ronald L. Kaiser, 87.” Beck Memorial Obituaries, Bloomington, IL. Obituary. https://www.beckmemorial.com/obituaries/bloomington-area-obituaries/ronald-leroy-kaiser
- Mildred (Lawrence) Kaiser, handwritten notes. Kaiser family papers, personally held by Emily (Drake) Weil, Kingston, IL.
- Kaiser family photographs. Kaiser family papers, personally held by Emily (Drake) Weil, Kingston, IL.
- “Ronald Kaiser Joins City’s Police Force.” The Pantagraph, Bloomington, IL. 6 Feb 1961, image copy, (www.newspapers.com : accessed 31 Mar 2018), page 2; Newspapers.com World Collection.